Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Best Brownies on Earth


The recipe I'm about to share with you is my ALL TIME FAVORITE brownie recipe.  I have only made it a few times, but it has been delicious every time.   

Best Brownies Ever!

For the Brownies
½ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking powder

For the Icing:
3 tbsp butter, softened (Softened does NOT mean melted!  I used the tub butter bc it is already soft)
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar

To Prepare Brownies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
Melt butter in a large saucepan.  Remove from heat and add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.  Be careful not to overcook.

To Prepare Frosting:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.  Mix together well.  Frost the brownies while they are still warm.

Prepare for chocolate decadence.  I also like to add pieces of chopped semisweet chocolate squares into my batter mix.  Yum!  I’m sure anything you would like to add to the batter would be delicious, but these brownies are fabulous just as they are.  Don’t skip the icing because it really makes this brownie.  But you have to let it set up before eating it. 

 Yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, those look amazing!!! Brownies are one of my favorite desserts ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious! You should try them! My husband and I love them. I will never buy box brownies again. These are SOOO much better and they are nice and chewy and melt in your mouth...ugh....I'm salivating lol

    ReplyDelete