Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fifty Shades Trilogy



I just finished reading the Fifty Shades Trilogy today and I cannot even begin to tell you how thoroughly I enjoyed reading those books.  Now, I know that a couple of posts back I had just started book one and I was complaining about how I didn’t understand the hype…..but then the story finally started to move and I could not put the book down.  I read all three books in less than two weeks.  Believe me, with my busy life, that is super quick for me to read one book much less three.  Fan-freakin-tastic.  That’s what those books are.  It’s not usually a genre that I would read, but I could not stop myself.  I think I have even developed quite a crush on Mr Grey if I’m being honest here lol.  I wish I could go into details about the story but I don’t want to ruin it for those of you who have not read the books yet.  I highly, HIGHLY recommend them.  They are definitely page turners.  The story is everything….it’s erotic, it’s heartfelt, it’s captivating, it’s suspenseful, it’s mysterious, at times it’s sad.  The author does a great job of helping you feel like you know the characters and you can feel emotions for them and with them.  After reading these books, I feel like I know these people personally.  I can’t say that I have read a lot of books that left me “feeling” something for the characters.  It’s easy to do that in movies, but in books you have to really try and EL James definitely succeeded with these.  I cannot wait for the movie and I really hope that she considers writing more books about Mr Grey.  If not I’ll miss him lol.

If any of you have read these books, what are your thoughts?  How did you feel about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment