Sunday, May 13, 2012

For My Mom


I didn’t always get along with you.  Sometimes I yelled at you and said ugly things.  Sometimes I stayed out all night and didn’t call.  Sometimes I pushed you away and shut you out of my life.  There were times when you probably thought I hated you.  

I’m sure there were nights when you prayed to God that things were different.  I’m sure there were times when tears flowed like rivers from your eyes.  You probably thought that all your worrying over me would send you to an early grave.

As a mother myself, I now know what that must have felt like for you.  I want to thank you for never giving up on me.  I want to thank you for all your love and support over these years.  You may not feel like it, but you have made an impact on my life and the way that I will mother my children.  

Simply put, thank you Mom.  I love you.


2 comments:

  1. Nicole...that brought tears to my eyes. It is EVER SO TRUE that becoming a mom gives you a new found respect on what we must have put our moms through... I hope and pray Laura never puts me through some of the sleepless worried nights that I did my mom. We are both lucky and blessed to have great moms.
    And by the way that is a BEAUTIFUL photo of your mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little old (from 2008 as you can see) which reminds me that I need to make sure to get some recent ones of both her and my dad soon! But yes, I completely agree that I hope Caden doesn't put me through some of the things that I put my mom through. She's definitely amazing for being able to deal with it and still love me and support me.

    ReplyDelete