Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day, Angels


May is always a little bittersweet for me.  May has a lot going on.  Mother’s Day is in May.  My wedding anniversary is in May.  My brother in law’s birthday is in May.

May is also my grandmother’s birthday month.  I can’t celebrate it with her because she is celebrating it with Jesus.  She is celebrating it with my grandfather and her sisters.  She is celebrating it with her mom and dad and grandparents. 

That makes me happy for her, but at the same time it’s tough not being able to call her up and tell her Happy Mother’s Day or Happy Birthday.  I wish I could go by and give her a card and a hug and some useless gift that she would leave in the bag for years in her closet for us to find later.

I miss my Mamaw.  I miss her laugh.  I miss hearing her shoes click across the floor.  I miss hearing her rocking in the kitchen.  I miss seeing her dressed up like every day is Sunday.  I miss everything about her.  Even the things that used to annoy the crap out of me.  I would love for her to annoy the crap out of me for just one day. 

So Happy Mother’s Day to you Mamaw.  I miss you, but I know that you enjoyed spending Mother’s Day with your mom and grandma.  One day I hope I get to spend Mother’s Day with you again.

And Happy Mother's Day to all the other moms who have been given their angel wings.    


No comments:

Post a Comment