Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 3 - Where oh Where has my energy gone?

Soooo, are these things working still??  Cuz I have like, NO energy.  I'm wondering if it's because I'm not eating enough.  Ugh.  It's hard to eat when you're not hungry though.  Today I had to eat lunch, even though I wasn't hungry, because I started to get dizzy.  I automatically knew that it was because I needed to eat something.  Sure enough, as soon as I ate, the dizziness disappeared.  Crazy.  I'm starting to think that maybe I should set timers on my phone for lunch, snacks, and dinner lol.  Breakfast I'm ok with because after sleeping all night I'm usually hungry when I wake up.  But once I take that pill, the hunger disappears.

This is harder than I thought it would be.  I knew the pills would decrease my appetite, but I never expected it to totally disappear!  It's a crazy feeling to have to force yourself to eat because you're not hungry, but you need food.

Aside from that, I'm still happy to report that I still have not had any crazy side effects!  Yay!  Even the dry mouth has disappeared for the most part.  I still feel the need to drink water because the thirst is there, but the dry mouth is not.  I had about 4 oz of coffee this morning.  I was scared to drink it because I didn't know how I would tolerate the caffeine while taking Phen.  Which, thinking back, I wonder if that had anything to do with the dizziness??  Who knows....

So, let's talk about my goals.  You know why I'm here.  Obviously I'm not taking these crazy pills just for fun.  I want to, and need to, lose weight.  I have not been successful at doing this on my own and so here we are.  The dr thinks that this will help give me the push in the right direction that I need.  My long term goal is to lose 80 pounds.  That will put me at a weight that is considered "average" for my height.  Although, what is considered average by the doctors is still sometimes crazy to me, but whatever.  I'm hoping that the Phen will help get me halfway through that goal.  If I can get my caloric intake up a bit and increase my activity, then that shouldn't be a problem.  I found a website that has a neat weight loss calculator on it that can tell you how much time it should take you to lose your desired amount of weight based off of your caloric intake and your current weight.  According to that calculator, I could potentially lose those 80 pounds in about 7 months if I ate around 1400 calories a day.  I'm clearly not making it to that mark.  Soooo, I'm going to need to work on that.

-Short term goals-
Eat 1400 calories a day or close to it
Increase exercise

-Long term goals-
Lose 80 pounds
Continue the good habits learned while using the Phen
Be comfortable in my own skin!


Day 3 Menu
Breakfast
Bagelful - 200 calories

Lunch
Leftover roast, potatoes, and carrots - 350 calories

Snack
Handful of goldfish - 70 calories

Dinner
PB & J on wheat bread - 380 calories

Snack
Dole Fruit Chillers (grape) - 55 calories

Total Caloric Intake - 1055

Ok, so my caloric intake was much better than I originally guestimated it to be.  Still not as much as I need to be eating, but it's better than yesterday!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your journey! I was extremely tired for the first week. I also got really jittery. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Breanna! Fortunately I haven't felt jittery but just tired as crap. Oh well. Hopefully next week will be better! I can't wait til Tuesday for my one week weigh in!!

    ReplyDelete