Friday, November 18, 2011

Amazing Weight Loss Story




When it comes to losing weight, diet and exercise seem to be the key. And Natalie Strawn is seeing the results. She's lost half of her body weight and keeps losing more.
Strawn said her motivation started while watching a talk show. A woman who wanted to be the heaviest in the world weighed less than Strawn did."This journey has really been hard. Well, it hasn't been hard. It's been difficult," Strawn said.The difficult journey was made easier with smaller, manageable milestones.

Before Pictures
"I've kind of looked at it as a one decision at a time thing. Instead of, 'Oh my gosh, I have to lose 300 pounds,' I think of it as, 'I have to lose five pounds. Then I have to lose another five pounds. And then I have to lose another five pounds,'" Strawn said.The 20-year-old joined Weight Watchers at age 17, attending meetings every week. She marks her progress using a video blog she shares online.Now, down more than 280 pounds, she's well on her way to her goal and serves as an inspiration to those around her -- including her Weight Watchers leader."I tell people that I have a member who has lost 282 pounds. It's just very eye opening and awakening to them because they think, 'If she can do it, I can do it,'" Lisa Ostbye said.Strawn's advice is to make the change for yourself on your own time."Do it when you're ready. You'll know when you're ready," Strawn said.She said once you start, just keep going. Strawn said exercise is part of her daily routine, walking two miles each day.Strawn recently completed her first 5K, which is a big accomplishment after starting her workout with chair aerobics.Strawn said she's about 100 pounds away from her final goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment