Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 1 - Jagged Little Pill

I just took my first pill.  I sat here and stared at it for a good 30 minutes before I finally got up the courage to swallow it.  I gotta say I'm a little terrified right now lol.  Yes, maybe I'm a weenie, but oh well.  It's done now.  It's traveling down my esophagus and into my stomach.  I'm already feeling jittery but it's nerves because obviously the pill hasn't had time to do anything yet.  Hopefully I won't feel like crap and I can do this.  Maybe I will be one of the lucky ones who doesn't have a whole lot of side effects.  We'll see!  I'll update in a little while when the pill has had time to digest a little bit.  This could either be the beginning or the end of my Phen regiment.

Update!

I'm halfway through my day and I'm feeling great!  I have tons of energy but without jitters!  Hopefully this will be how I feel daily.  I can officially say that I am excited now!  Weight loss here we come!!

Alright, so at the end of the day yesterday I still felt great and I was able to go to sleep no problems!  Yay!  I also did not have any weird side effects other than dry mouth, which is actually a good thing because it forces you to drink more water!  I probably drank a gallon or more of water yesterday.  It was crazy!!  I did have a little bit of a headache later in the day once my energy started to wane a little bit, but a little bit of Ibuprofen knocked it right out. 

My doctor asked that I stay below 1800 calories each day, which I definitely did.  I don't think I ever hit that mark.

Day 1 Menu
Breakfast
Half of a Bagelful - 100 calories

Snack
Medium apple - 65 calories
Two tablespoons peanut butter - 180 calories

Lunch
Chicken salad salad - 385 calories

Snack
One Crackerful - 130 calories

Dinner
Grilled Chicken Salad - 400 calories

Total Caloric Intake Day 1 - 1260

Activities Day 1
Since I drank about a million glasses of water and had to go pee about a million times, I used that as a means to get exercise as well.  Instead of going to the bathroom on my floor at work, I decided to go upstairs each time to the bathroom.  So I ended up climbing a total of 20 flights of stairs AT LEAST just from going to the bathroom.

I then also took some time out to just go and walk the stairs for no reason.  During that time I went from the 3rd floor to the Lower Level, which equates to about 8 flights of stairs (8 down and 8 up).

And finally, still making use of the stairs, I used one step and stepped up and down for 3 minutes on it to get my heart rate up and going.

Unfortunately, when I got home I didn't do any additional exercise other than household chores and playing with Caden, but I may try and fit in some Wii Zumba tomorrow!!

So all in all, Day 1 was a great success!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment