Sunday, January 29, 2012

Slow Cooker Sunday - Beef Roast and Veggies

This is a staple in our house and it's actually pretty healthy :)  I don't really measure when I cook, so I apologize in advance for that!  I have put approximations on the amounts I MIGHT have used, but I can't swear to it!

Beef Roast (of course) doesn't matter what size, whatever is in your budget that week!
Carrots (as many or as little as you like)
1 medium onion, chunky slices
3-4 small potatoes, cubed (I flip flop between yellow and red)
Mushrooms (as little or as many as you like)
Approx 1/2 cup red wine
1-2 cups beef stock (you can substitute water in place of the beef stock, which I have been doing lately to reduce salt)
Garlic (if using minced, I use a heaping tbsp bc I love garlic....if using cloves, 2-3 cloves chopped will do it)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp cornstarch
1/3 cup tomato paste

Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.  Yumminess!  No need to cook anything else, you have all you need right there!  If you have any variations on this, I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment