Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Crockpot Bolognese Sauce


I have been spending a lot of time (and when I say a lot, that is an understatement) on Pinterest lately and I have found some AMAZING recipes that are actually pretty healthy!!  So I'll be sure to share some on my blog for everyone who reads so that you can try them out :)  

The first recipe that I want to share with you is a bolognese sauce I made earlier this week.  It has to be the BEST spaghetti sauce I have ever tasted.  It will change your life!!  I will definitely be making it again and after eating it, it's going to be difficult for me to revert back to jar sauce.  

So here it is!  The name says it all.....


BEST SLOW COOKER BOLOGNESE SAUCE EVER
  • 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 8 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 14 oz cans chopped tomatoes, drained
  • 2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
  • 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. Cook beef in large skillet until browned.

2. Transfer to 5 quart slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients, mix well.

3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

4. Serve over your favorite pasta. Happy sigh.


We had whole wheat angel hair pasta with this.  It was DIVINE!  If you try this recipe, comment back here and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment