Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 1 of Get Moving Challenge

Today is the start of my Get Moving Challenge at work.  So far I have started off on a good foot.  I've done my stairs for the day and plan to do my 30 minutes of exercise tonight when I get home from school.  I will get my walking in for the day here and there.  I'm going to start phasing out carbs as part of this challenge too.  I feel like I need to do something different with my diet to make my weight start dropping again.  I'm still sticking to 1200 calories, but it's not doing much.  So we will see if this helps any. 

In addition, I'm going to concentrate on eating more veggies and fruit than meats and other things.  Cutting down on my starches too.  Anything white is going to be EXTREMELY limited.  Pasta, bread, potatoes, milk (dairy), mayo, some salad dressings, etc.  Planning to try out some smoothies for breakfast.  Especially excited about spinach smoothies!  I hear they are very good and are really good for you.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment