Friday, January 20, 2012

Challenges, Challenges!


I’m very excited about a challenge that we are doing at work.  It starts next week and I have volunteered to be a team captain!  This way I feel like this way I’m held more accountable and will be more likely to do what I should be doing since I’m leading the team.  The challenge, called the Get Moving Challenge, is about exactly what it says…..getting people moving and being more active.  There are three categories to compete in and we are doing all three.  Category one is a Steps category, so you have to wear a pedometer every day and record the number of steps you take.  The team with the highest number wins.  Our team is planning to meet twice a week for group walks to increase our steps.  We are also going to be walking stairs once a day.  Our building has 9 floors and a basement and there are anywhere from 2-4 flights of stairs between each floor.  So there are plenty of stairs to be walked!  Category 2 is Minutes Exercised.  The team with the highest number wins again.  Our group exercise will be our walks of course, but we are all going to be exercising on our own at home as well.  The last category is Weight Loss.  I’m hoping to kick butt in this category!  The challenge is a 10 week challenge, so I hope that in 10 weeks I have lost some weight!  I have about 22 pounds that I want to lose right now.  That is my short term weight loss goal.  Long term I want to lose about 50 pounds.  So if I make it to the 22 pounds down, then I’m almost halfway there!

In addition to this challenge, the weight loss support forum that I am a member of is holding a challenge as well.  It’s called the Big 10 Challenge.  It is also a 10 week challenge that started this past Monday.  We have accountability partners to talk with to encourage each other and check in with.  That is nice because sometimes you just get frustrated and you need someone cheering you on who is going through the same thing you are!  While it’s not a competition and I won’t actually be physically seeing these people, we are checking in with updates twice a week, so they will still see what I’m doing and that makes me want to actually do what I should be doing so that my updates aren’t lame lol.  I’d hate to be the one who updates every time that she hasn’t been doing anything and hasn’t lost any weight! 

Anyway, so lots going on right now!  Hopefully in 10 weeks I’ll have wonderful updates for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment