Friday, June 22, 2012

A Little Photography Practice


I mentioned a while back myinterest in photography.  I wanted toshare a few things I have done recently and get your honest feedback!  I’m still learning, so I am definitely openfor constructive criticism from anyone!

A little background….

I have always been obsessed withtaking pictures.  I was always the girlwho brought the camera along and took ten thousand pictures of everything andeverybody.  Then when my son was born, myinterest was magnified and I wanted to be able to take BEAUTIFUL pictures ofhim.  I wanted crisp, clear, memoryinducing pictures of him.  So I spent alittle money and got a DSLR, because the pocket point and shoot cameras arecrap.  Since learning to shoot with aDSLR I find it physically impossible to shoot with a point and shoot…literally.  They are soooo slow and half the time comeout blurry….so no thanks to that.

After getting my DSLR, I wasstill shooting in auto because I had no idea how to use the dang thing.  I eventually taught myself SOMEWHAT how toshoot half manual, half auto by taking the picture once with auto and once withmanual.  Then I decided that I needed totake it a step further and actually learn what all the camera lingo meant andhow to make my camera work for me.  So I signedup to take an online class with the wonderful Tracy Lynn Deis at TLD Photography.  She taught me all about shutter speed,aperture, ISO and my FAVORITE thing – BOKEH! I loveeee some beautiful bokeh in my pictures!

So now, here I am.  Trying to apply all the things I have learnedfrom her and am still learning (I have two more classes with her).  So in the course of my evolving photographypassion, I wanted to share some of my recent pictures with you all!  I’m sure there will be PLENTY more to come :)

Let me know what you think!




4 comments:

  1. Sweet shots! I definitely need to take a photography class. My husband takes better photos than me and understands the lingo a little better. I have the settings I like on the "P" option on our Canon and just shoot away. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've really enjoyed my photography class and would like to take some locally as well where I can actually get some class time in. Online is limited as to what we can do, but I have to say that she has been a GREAT teacher and I have learned a lot while working with her. And it's one on one, which is awesome. I can definitely tell a difference between what I was shooting when I started versus now. I never use any setting except Manual now. My next venture is learning flash photography with my external flash because I hate the on camera flash. It's way to harsh most of the time because it shines directly at the subject. I prefer bouncing it from the ceiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alyssa! I hope to continue learning and getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete