Saturday, July 21, 2012

July Birchbox

It finally came!!  I got my first Birchbox delivery today and I was soooo excited to open it and see what kind of goodies I had gotten.  It was no disappointment either, let me tell you!  They packed some good stuff in there and I can't wait to try it all out!  Here's what I got!


Bronzer by Ada Cosmetics
The color I received was "Peach."  I tried a little on the back of my hand just to see what it was like and it was quite nice actually.  Granted your hand and your face are two totally different things, but still.  It is a loose powder, like the Bare Minerals line that most people are familiar with, and it leaves a nice shimmery glow on your skin.  So you look sunkissed without the UV rays!

Luxe Salt Scrub in Lemon Leaf by dirt.
This stuff smells so good! It is a combination of seasalts, grapeseed oil and avocado oils with a sprinkling of lemon leaf and raspberry seeds mixed in.  The company is also organic so there are no mineral oils, parabens or dyes in any of their products.  I can't wait to use this stuff because I'm positive that my skin will feel like silk afterwards.

Eau Flirt perfume sample by Harvey Prince
If you know me, you know that I LOVE perfumes, body sprays and lotions. My vanity is covered with all kinds of perfumes and the drawers are stuffed to the brim with lotions and sprays.  It is quite ridiculous lol.  I could probably never buy another bottle of the stuff and still smell good until I was 105.  So that said, I was excited to see a perfume sample in my box.  It was actually the first thing that I picked up.  It has a very feminine smell to it, sort of a floral undertone.  I generally don't go for the floral scents, but this one is very nice.  According to the company, the perfume contains pumpkin and lavender along with a little undertone of freesia, jasmine, nutmeg and cinnamon.  I know (because I would have thought the same thing if I would have read this description prior to smelling the perfume) that this sounds odd and seems like it wouldn't work together, but I'm telling you it does!  If you run across it in the perfume section at the department store, please smell it!  Aside from that, the most interesting thing that I read is that this perfume holds true to it's name.  Eau Flirt is specifically formulated to attract a man's attention and "heat things up."  Apparently, studies have shown pumpkin and lavender to spur passionate reactions in men.  We'll see about that when hubby gets home *wink wink*!

Stainiac lip and cheek stain by theBalm cosmetics
Another fabulous item that I can't wait to try out.  I hate lipsticks.  I NEVER wear lipstick.  I will wear the heck out of some chapstick though lol.  My lips almost never have any color on them though because I refuse to wear lipstick.  I do wear lip stain though.  I have one other lip stain already in a lighter pink shade, but I'm excited to wear the red.  I think it will make or a nice shade for date night with the hubby out on the town :)  The cool thing about this lip stain is that it's a gel.  The other stains I have seen have been liquid and you brush them on with sort of a nail polish like applicator brush.  This is more like a lip gloss wand. 

Sample size Larabar
It's nice that they threw a little something in the box related to health and nutrition.  Not only do women like to look pretty and feel pretty on the outside, but we should feel the same on the inside.  What better way to do that then by making sure what we feed ourselves is good for us. 

The cutest set of Earbuds EVER
Ok, this was TOTALLY unexpected.   These Earbuds are super cute with their neon colors.  Pink and blue are my favorites together.  It reminds me of cotton candy :)  How the heck did Birchbox know that I needed an extra set of these bad boys??  Major score!

All in all, this box definitely receives my stamp of approval and I am now looking forward to next months box with great anticipation!! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow... I think I'm the only person in the WORLD not getting a birchbox. This looks like a great find! I love perfumes too. Excited to see such a great review. Perhaps I should make it happen for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should! It's like getting a Christmas present every month lol

    ReplyDelete