Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Pretty Long Rambling Update - Sort Of


Alright ladies and gentlemen….I have officially joined the gym again and plan on getting some more pounds off this big butt of mine.  I will start going on Monday and I can hardly wait.  I have actually missed going to the gym.  I used to go about 4 times a week believe it or not.  Then I got pregnant and gave up.  Note to self (and every other woman who plans on ever getting pregnant) DON’T DO THAT!  I didn’t feel good the first month of my pregnancy and so I stopped going.  I had all intentions of going back, but just never did.  What I should have done was put on my big girl panties and sucked it up.  I should have went and worked out ANYWAY.  It probably would have made me feel better in all actuality.  Too late though.  So now I have to start over.  It will be more challenging now though because of that lovely bundle of joy turned terror toddler.  I’ll have to schedule my workouts around picking up him from daycare, going to class, working, being a domestic diva, blah blah blah.  So this will be challenging, but it’s gonna happen dangit.  When school starts, my work schedule will change and I will be getting off at 4 every day.  So that will be easier because Caden doesn’t have to get picked up from daycare until 530pm.  I will be able to swing by the gym when I leave work and then go get him.  Yay!  But for the next few weeks, I’m working until 530pm and so it’s going to be difficult.  Oh well, I’ll figure something out!  I’m just excited about getting back in there.  Woohoo! 

Aside from that, I’m also doing a smoothie diet….sort of.  I’ve been drinking smoothies for breakfast and then I’ll have one of three things for lunch: another smoothie, a salad, or a protein bar.  I have been doing it for one week and have lost 2 pounds so far.  Yay!  We have normal food for dinner of course.  Mr H says he ain’t gonna eat none of that rabbit food that I eat.  Haha.  He’s a southern boy through and through.  Raised on meat and potatoes.  It’s hard breaking that habit.  I have to hand it to myself though, I have gotten him to eat a lot more than he used to eat when I met him, good grief.  That boy wouldn’t even touch a salad.  Had never had salad with ranch dressing!  That’s un-American!  Now he will tear up a salad with ranch dressing!  Granted the only vegetables he likes in the salad are lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes it’s better than nothing.  Until he piles on the mountains of cheese and ham.  Yuck. 

Caden is proving to be a hard one to please in the food department too.  His diet these days consists of mac  and cheese, pizza, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and fruit snacks.  That boy is going to turn into a dang bag of fruit snacks I swear.  He calls them fwuit nacks.  It’s so cute.  But he inhales them and then comes back asking for more….and more….and more.  Since he doesn’t snack a lot I’ll usually let him have two packs but then I have to lie and tell him he ate them all so he’ll stop asking. 

And since we’re talking about Caden, let’s talk about his temper tantrums.  Holy moly that kid can throw a fit.  If there was a contest that I could enter him into for longest and most dramatic tantrums ever, he would take all the awards and send everyone else packing.  Kid is cray.  The other day….he got mad because he wanted to ride up and down the driveway in his Paw’s truck.  Paw said no, not today and then they came inside the house.  He was already ticked off about that, then he comes inside screaming for me to turn on the tv.  I was like, ummm you can stop screaming and crying and ask me nicely and I will turn it on.  That did it.  It was over.  It was like his legs turned to jello.  He literally just falls to the floor and starts rolling around screaming and crying at the top of his lungs.  We usually just let him throw his little fits and ignore him and eventually he will stop.  Recently we started sending him to his room to have his fits and told him he could come out when he gets done.  But this night, none of that was happening.  He screamed NONSTOP for over 30 minutes.  Kicking and screaming and rolling around and acting like he didn’t have no dang sense.  Then, like a switch, he gets up and asks for a fwuit nack and says please.  So I gave it to him.  Then he said “eb pwease” (cuz he can’t say TV, he calls it EB haha).  So I turned on the tv and put it on Megamind.  Don’t even get me started on that movie.  Between that and Cars, I never see anything else when he’s in the house.

Anyway, my point is…the terrible twos freaking SUCK.  I don’t wanna wish our lives away and make him grow up too fast, cuz he is already doing that on his own, but come onnnnnn…..can we get the terrible part over with?  And just have the twos?  Why does it have to be terrible?  Why can’t it be the terrific twos?  Huh?  What the heck??  Sometimes I think, “I’d like to have another baby.”  Then Caden throws a fit and I’m like, “#&%@ NO.”  Maybe next year.  We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment