Monday, December 12, 2011

Update - Trying to Escape the Craziness!


It has been a while since I have updated this blog.  I have been so busy trying to get ready for the holidays and exams for school that I have completely forgotten about the blog!  I have a feeling it’s only going to get worse over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas.  Ugh.  I still have so much left to do and so little time to do it!  Exams are this week so I’m stressing out about that.  And on top of it all, my son has been sick and we have been spending our nights trying to get him to sleep.  So I’m exhausted to say the least.  I just have too much going on.  I will be glad when two weeks from now I go on my week long vacation from work and school and I can just RELAX. 

But, on a lighter note, when I weighed in yesterday morning I was down 18 pounds J  yay!  However, I probably gained 5 pounds today during our work Christmas party.  They ordered pizza.  Sighhh.  I had two pieces.  And then they had cake.  SIGHHHHH.  I had a piece of that too.  So I guess that means I’m drinking EXTRA water today and doing EXTRA work out later.  Oh well. 

I’m also happy to report that my blog reading list is showing up again.  Yay!  Well, it’s showing up today anyway lol.  Tomorrow might be different lol. 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! Was there a certain test that the doctor had you take to find out that about your metabolism being slow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she just asked me a bunch of questions about what I had been doing to try and lose weight. Like how often I was exercising, what I was eating, etc. She also took into account that I have insulin resistance and PCOS, which pretty much counteracts any metabolism you have anyway lol. So she said that more than likely my metabolism was not as active as it should be, and that even if it were the PCOS and IR would not make it easy to lose on my own. But she said that the good news is that usually once you lose weight, your metabolism tends to improve a little. So I’m hoping for that to be the case with me! I wonder if there are tests, though, to see what your metabolism is like? I’m not sure that there are…..but who knows what they can do these days!

    ReplyDelete